[English below] Heute morgen habe ich einen kleinen Kayakausflug von St. Philips Richtung Portugal Cove gemacht. Am kleinen Bootshafen waren noch deutlich die Spuren des Sturms in den letzten Tagen erkennbar - erstaunlich, wie die schweren Strandsteine einfach auf den Parkplatz gespült wurden... Da ich am Nachmittag schon etwas anderes vor hatte bin ich nach einem Weilchen wieder umgekehrt, während die Kollegen noch etwas weitergepaddelt sind. Kurz vor Mittag war ich schon wieder mit einem Kaffee in der Hand zu Hause, zufrieden mit meinem Samstagmorgen an der frischen Luft.
This morning I took a little kayaking trip from St. Philips towards Portugal Cove. At the little marina, the signs of the past few days' storm were hard to miss - amazing how the parking lot had been washed over with large beach rocks as if they were pebbles... Since I already had other plans for the afternoon, I paddled a little ways with the other guys and then headed back. By lunchtime I was already back home again with cup of coffee, pleased with my Saturday morning on the water.
 |
| Der Sturm hat dem Parkplatz arg zugesetzt - The parking lot took a beating in the storm: the beach rocks washed over the 1 1/2 m sea wall. | |
 |
| Icicles - Eiszapfen |
 |
| Tony having fun... |
 |
| Die Wellen waren immer noch gross - the swell was still up (for reference: Clyde's kayak on top of the wave is 6 m long)... |
 |
| Off they go as I head back... |
2 Kommentare:
Nice pics. Glad you could join us for a while.
Thanks Clyde, it was nice to get out...
Kommentar veröffentlichen