...
Last Sunday I was out paddling with Tony and Hazen to check out some icebergs near Flatrock and Pouch Cove. It always feels like a privilege to be able to visit these millenia old white giants at the end of their journey. I have posted a few photos and a little video of our trip below. I hope you enjoy, even if they don't do the experience justice. Also check out Tony's blog entries of our day (part 1, part 2, part 3). [In addition I also added a video from a different paddle in Cape Broyle in April at the bottom - no icebergs in that one.]
Approaching Stiles Cove iceberg.
|
Hazen at Stiles Cove iceberg.
|
![]() |
Same iceberg from the other side.
|
![]() |
Underwater shot of a bergy bit.
|
![]() |
Getting closer to the iceberg that was located a few kilometers offshore from Pouch Cove.
|
![]() |
Stopping to watch this giant.
|
![]() |
Hazen's kayak gives a better sense for the proportions.
|
![]() |
Lunch at Shoe Cove with iceberg in the background.
|
![]() |
Back at Stiles Cove, with Tony leading the way.
|
![]() |
Bidding farewell before heading back to Flatrock.
|
![]() |
Our route.
|









Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen