[English below] Wir versprochen nun also ein paar Worte und Bilder zum zweiten Teil unseres Urlaubs, der nun leider schon wieder einen Monat zurück liegt... Nach einer guten Woche in Italien (siehe Eintrag hier) sind wir wie gesagt mit dem Zug von Florenz nach Innsbruck gefahren, wo wir am Inn zu Abend gegessen, mit einem Eis durch die Altstadt geschlendert, und haben alte Freunde besucht haben. Am folgenden Tag gings dann wieder mit dem Zug weiter nach Vorarlberg - ich war seit meinem Umzug nach Kanada vor nun mehr als sechs Jahren nicht mehr im Sommer in Vorarlberg, und wir haben in Hörbranz die warme Sonne, den See, und die Zeit mit Mama und Johannes sehr genossen. Unten finden sich ein paar Bilder und Videos unserer dortigen Aktivitäten, ausserdem habe ich weitere Fotos zu meinem Reisealbum (hier) hinzugefügt...
As promised, here are a few words and photos on the second part of our trip to Europe - hard to believe we have been back for a month already... So after a week in Italy (see here) we took the train from Florence to Innsbruck, where Laura and I met in 2003, and where I had spent my early childhood and university years. We had dinner at a nice restaurant by the Inn river, strolled through the old city with a gelato, and visited some old friends, before taking the Arlberg railroad west to Vorarlberg. I hadn't been back to Vorarlberg in the summertime since my move to Canada six years ago, so we really treasured the warm sun, the lake, and the time with mum and Johannes. Below you find a few pictures and videos of our activities, and I have also added more photos to the trip slideshow (here)...
Swimming at Bodensee/Lake Constance
Lake from Eichenberg
Kirchweg in Hörbranz, with our family home in the centre
Enjoying the sunset with our friends Ebi and Angelika who came to visit us with their little daughter Marie...
Ebi with Marie, sun setting over Lindau.
My brother Johannes and I engaged in the second edition of the backyard Olympics (orgininal happened in 2004). A classic event is the laundry rack jump...
I also enjoyed taking the mountainbike for a spin up to Eichenberg - amazing how I could remember every turn on the run down...
1 Kommentar:
Anonym
hat gesagt…
Hi,
Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.
1 Kommentar:
Hi,
Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.
Thanks and have a great day!
Kommentar veröffentlichen