Samstag, 30. März 2013

Storm paddle in St. Philips

[English below] Nachdem wir gestern wegen schwerer See und Stumflut unseren Paddelausflug absagen mussten, haben wir uns heute bei immer noch starkem Seegang in St. Philips auf ein bisschen Spass in den Wellen getroffen. Ich hatte meine Kamera an Schwimmweste befestigt und ein paar Videos gemacht - einen Zusammenschnitt findet Ihr unten. Eine paar Bilder sind auch in den Blogs von Dean und Tony.
***
After we had to postpone yesterday's paddle due to heavy seas and a storm surge, we met today at St. Philips for some fun in the waves. I had attached my camera to my lifejacket to shoot some video, so below is a little compilation of today's footage... Also, make sure to check out Dean's and Tony's blog entries about today's paddle.

 

7 Kommentare:

Tony hat gesagt…

Tobias, I think the camera angle really shows the conditions we had today. I must try that next time. Excellent video.

Tony :-)

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thanks Tony. I was quite pleased with how the angle worked out.
Tobias

Dean hat gesagt…

how did you attach the camera to your PFD??

Unknown hat gesagt…

I screwed a little mini-tripod I had at home onto the camera, and then just stuck the tripod end (with all 3 legs straight down) into top of my PFD. In addition, I secured it with a bungee cord. Worked pretty well.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Great Video! Looks like it was a blast.

Robert

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thanks Robert, we had a great time - have you had a chance to paddle much lately?

Anonym hat gesagt…

Have not been at all. Sold the boat I had last summer, in hopes it would force me to get mine done. Never happened... Was working crazy ammounts of hours still until end of christmas, and spent the last 3 months catching up on life. With the Spring means I'm gonna be getting busy again, and Tash is going back to school in may, so not looking good to get anything done this summer as well.
Robert