Sonntag, 31. März 2013

Wild morning at Middle Cove beach

[English below] Für den Karfreitag war eine Wellen- und Sturmflutwarnung für die neufundländische Ostküste ausgegeben worden, und ich machte mich also am Freitagmorgen auf den Weg, um am Strand von Middle Cove ein paar Fotos zu machen. Dort war ich bei weitem nicht alleine, und das Schauspiel war beindruckend. Die Wellen waren riesig, der Strand war komplett überflutet, und die Brandungszone reichte bis zum Parkplatz. Ein paar Fotos inklusive Foto der Woche #13, sowie ein Video findet Ihr unten. Im Zusammenhang mit diesem Sturm, siehe auch meinen gestrigen Blogentrag (Paddeln nach dem Sturm). Frohe Ostern an Euch alle!
***
For Good Friday, a wave and storm surge warning had been issued for the east coast of Newfoundland. So on Friday morning, I went down to Middle Cove beach to take a few pictures. There were a number of other people there, and the scene was impressive. The waves were enormous, with the beach completely awash and the surf zone reaching all the way up to the parking lot. A few photos, including photo of the week #13, as well as a video are below. Also check out my previous post about yesterday's storm paddle. Happy Easter to everyone!

Photo der Woche #13: Wasserberge. Photo of the week #13: Mountains of water.

Treppe nicht benutzbar / Stairs closed...

Kein Lagerfeuer heute / No campfire today.

Zum Paddeln ungeeignet... / Not fit to paddle...

Beindruckende Kräfte. / Impressive forces.

Perspektive von oben. / View from above.

 

3 Kommentare:

Tony hat gesagt…

Tobias, I grew up in Middle Cove. I've never seen waves as big there. I wish I had also gone there to have a look. Thanks for posting these shots.

Tony :-)

Sean Dawe hat gesagt…

That first image is just crazy!! Very nice capture, too!!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thanks Tony and Sean - it was very impressive to see such powerful waves down there...