Amazing how plane travel can take you to a completely different place so quickly - North Atlantic to the Arizona desert in a matter of hours - certainly emphasizes the contrast... When I arrived in Phoenix around noon on Monday I took advantage of the afternoon off, rented a car and drove out into the Sonoran Desert. What an impressive landscape, and the vegetation is certainly different from anything I've ever seen (pictures here). As for the reason of my trip: my conference is going well so far and provides an interesting insight into international cooperation. Tomorrow we're going to visit a cotton farm, so I finally get to see how my clothes are grown...
Dienstag, 18. November 2008
Vom Nordatlantik in die Wüste...
Amazing how plane travel can take you to a completely different place so quickly - North Atlantic to the Arizona desert in a matter of hours - certainly emphasizes the contrast... When I arrived in Phoenix around noon on Monday I took advantage of the afternoon off, rented a car and drove out into the Sonoran Desert. What an impressive landscape, and the vegetation is certainly different from anything I've ever seen (pictures here). As for the reason of my trip: my conference is going well so far and provides an interesting insight into international cooperation. Tomorrow we're going to visit a cotton farm, so I finally get to see how my clothes are grown...
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
2 Kommentare:
Tolle Impressionen aus Arizona - aber sag mir wie hast du den Fotoapparat auf dem Kaktus fotografiert??? -
LG Re
Handykamera :)
Kommentar veröffentlichen